Sunday 5 June 2022: 11am – 3pm
What's on offer?
- Come and see the incredible Paddington Bear™ who will be making appearances at intervals throughout the day
- See the fantastic children’s entertainer Louby Lou perform her uniquely funny shows throughout the afternoon
- Challenge yourself to scale the dizzying heights of the climbing wall
- Join in the fun games and activities in front of the new look Astley Hall and surrounding lawns
- Get your face painted by one of the spectacular artists for a small charge
- Punch & Judy shows at regular intervals
- Get all crafty at our arts and crafts tables
- Take a ride on the traditional fairground rides for a small charge
- Complement your picnics with delicious food and drink from Café Ambio, and Barrica in the Park
- Pick up some scrumptious food and drink from Chorley Markets The Bees Country Kitchen, Perk Me Up Coffee and finish your food off with a sweet treat the ice cream van or the candy floss and popcorn stall
- Enjoy an adventure on our soft play area and for a small charge, have a jump on the inflatables
There will be a one-way system in operation throughout Chancery Road in Astley Village for this event, to enable cars to park on one side of the road for free during the event.
Hallgate car park will be open with preference given to blue badge holders. Other FREE parking is available at Ackhurst Lodge Car Park on Southport Road and the following Chorley Town Centre car parks:
- Friday Street and Friday Street North (limited)
- Portland Street (101 spaces)
- Queens Road (95 spaces)
- Water Street (71 spaces)
- West Street (110 spaces)
- Hollinshead Street (71 spaces)
- Fleet Street (117 spaces)
- St Mary’s (44 spaces)
- Farrington Street
For more information please visit chorley.gov.uk/carparks
Find your way
Use junction 8 off the M61 or junction 28 off the M6. Chorley town centre is easily accessed from the A6, which passes directly through Chorley.
Chorley is well-served by bus routes linking the town centre with surrounding villages. The main bus route is the 125/126, which links Chorley to Preston and Bolton. There are also direct bus routes from Greater Manchester, Merseyside and the Lake District.
Chorley is on the main train line between Manchester and Blackpool. If you are travelling on a long distance service you will need to change at Manchester or Preston.
What's the latest?
For further information and all the latest updates on Picnic in the Park, please visit the Facebook event page where you can also share your pictures from the day.