Sunday 15 August 2021
11am – 3pm
What's on offer?
- Come and see the incredible Peter Rabbit™ who will be making appearances at intervals
- See the fantastic children’s entertainer Louby Lou perform her uniquely funny shows throughout the afternoon
- Challenge yourself to scale the dizzying heights of the climbing wall
- Join in the fun games, activities in front of the new look Astley Hall and surrounding lawns
- Get your face painted by one of the spectacular artists for a small charge
- Get all crafty with Lancashire Adult Learning at our arts and craft tables
- Take a ride on the traditional fairground rides for a small charge
- See the ‘One Step On’ – a local textile group’s exhibition about climate change in the Coach House Gallery
- Complement your picnics with delicious food and drink from Café Ambio, and Barrica in the Park
- Pick up some scrumptious food and drink from Chorley Markets The Bees Country Kitchen, Perk Me Up Coffee and finish your food off with a sweet treat the ice cream van or the candy floss and popcorn stall
- Enjoy an adventure on Astley Park’s play area and for a small charge, jump on the inflatables right next door
Please enjoy the event. For your safety, hand sanitising stations will be placed around the park at the event and we’ll have stewards to help manage visitor numbers.
Although the event is held outdoors, please continue to social distance and respect others who may wish to distance for their own safety and confidence.
There is strictly no parking in Astley Village for this event, except for on Hallgate car park (where some spaces will be reserved for blue badge holders). FREE parking for Picnic in the Park is available at Hallgate Car Park, Ackhurst Lodge Car Park on Southport Road and the following Chorley Town Centre car parks:
- Friday Street and Friday Street North (limited)
- Portland Street (101 spaces)
- Queens Road (95 spaces)
- Water Street (71 spaces)
- West Street (110 spaces)
- Hollinshead Street (71 spaces)
- Fleet Street (117 spaces)
- St Mary’s (44 spaces)
- Farrington Street
For more information please visit chorley.gov.uk/carparks
Please note there is NO parking at Woodlands Conference Centre for the event as it is currently being used as a Covid-19 Test Centre
Park and Ride Bus Service
A FREE park and ride return bus service will be running approximately every 15-20 minutes from the bus stop outside Booths (across from Chorley Library) and go to Chancery Road at the back of Astley Hall. The first bus will depart from the town centre at 10.30am and the last return bus will depart from Chancery Road at 4pm.
Alternatively, the town centre car parks are only a short walk from the Park Road or Queens Road entrances to Astley Park.
The park and ride service is operated by Stagecoach.
Find your way
Use junction 8 off the M61 or junction 28 off the M6. Chorley town centre is easily accessed from the A6, which passes directly through Chorley.
Chorley is well-served by bus routes linking the town centre with surrounding villages. The main bus route is the 125/126, which links Chorley to Preston and Bolton. There are also direct bus routes from Greater Manchester, Merseyside and the Lake District.
Chorley is on the main train line between Manchester and Blackpool. If you are travelling on a long distance service you will need to change at Manchester or Preston.
What's the latest?
For further information and all the latest updates on Picnic in the Park, please visit the Facebook event page where you can also share your pictures from the day.