Chorley 10K & 2K Family Run
Entries & Registration
We look forward to seeing you on the starting line.
If you're not running, you can still come down to cheer on the competitors and enjoy the running village on Fazakerley Street.
Lions Running Community - On The Day Support
If you're thinking of registering for the Chorley 10K but are wanting some support or feeling nervous, don't worry, because Lions Running Community will be on hand to offer support on the day.
As a club and as individual runners the Lion Running Community know how nerve wracking it can be taking part in your first race or tackling a new distance and will chat through your concerns, start the race with you and offer support on the way round.
You can get in touch with them prior to the race: email@example.com or come and see them at the stand (in the run village) on the day.
Chorley 10K Race
The Chorley 10K route is a two lap course, which will start and finish on Market Street in Chorley town centre. From the start line, participants will travel up Market Street, turning left onto St Thomas's Road, travelling along Southport Road before turning right at Ackhurst Lodge to enter Astley Park.
Participants will then follow the path, running in front of Astley Coach House and the historic Astley Hall. They will then run over the lake bridge, past the playing fields and play areas, running towards Astley Park's main gates. At the gates, participants will turn left onto Park Road and will run up to the junction with the A6 Preston Road where they will turn and travel back down Park Road, on the opposite side of the road. They will then run past Chorley town hall, turn right onto St Thomas's Road and repeat the course. On the second lap runners will continue down Market Street and through the finish line. Running prams are welcome.
- Minimum age: 15 years old on Sunday 7 May 2023
- Start time: 10.30am
- Cost: Standard entry fee 22.00. UKA Club Runners 20.00
- All entrants to the Chorley 10K receive a medal at the finish line
Chorley 2K Family Run
The Chorley Family Run is a much shorter 2K course, which will start and finish on Market Street in Chorley town centre. From the start line, participants will travel up Market Street, continuing past Chorley town hall onto Park Road. They will then turn left at the main gates to Astley Park and enter the park. Participants will then follow the path, running towards the play areas and pavilion. They will travel past the play areas and playing fields to a marker just before the lake. At this point, participants will turn and travel back along the same route through Astley Park. At the main gates they will travel across the closed road and turn right onto Park Road, continuing straight ahead onto Market Street where the finish line awaits. Please note this is not a flat route and there are some inclines, particularly in Astley Park. Running prams are welcome.
- Minimum age: 4 years old on Sunday 7 May 2023
- Start time: 9.30am
- Cost: 6.50
- All entrants receive a medal
Please note that parents and guardians may run with children but only those who have entered the race officially will receive a medal.
Medal holder perks
If you're taking part in the 2023 Chorley 10K or 2K Family Run, you're in for a treat when you complete the race! Not only do you get a unique race medal at the finish line, you can also get some medal holder perks!
Check out the below 2023 Chorley 10K/2K medal holder offers from some Chorley based businesses. To access the offers, medal holders must present their medal from our 2023 event to the business when prompted.
A free healthy snack bag containing items such as banana chips/ dried fruit in paper bag available on race day, 7 May 2023, plus you can refill your water bottles here.
10% off on race day - 7 May 2023
15% off drinks and food for medal holders on race day - 7 May 2023
10% off any products or services with a spend over £20, 07.05.2023 - 31.08.2023. Can't be used in conjunction with any other offer.
If you're a local business that would like to get involved, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Run Village
The incredible Run Village is back as part of this year's Chorley 10K & 2K Family Run event.
Based on Fazakerley Street in Chorley town centre, the run village will have lots of organisations providing information, offers and activities. From running, fitness and health related organisations to food and
drink businesses and more, plus FREE face painting for children!
Check out the list below of organisations that'll be there on the day AND don't forget that 1498 at the Marketswill be open from 10am - 4pm, with live music from 10:15-3pm.
So even if you're not running, there's plenty to enjoy - come down, support the competitors and enjoy the day!
- Free Face Painting
- Chorley Leisure Centres - There'll be fitness equipment, information on memberships and colouring for children. Plus it's a great place for leisure centre members taking part in the runs to gather.
- Choose Health - Offering Free NHS Health Checks.
- Lions Running Community - Not only will the Lions Running Community be offering information on their club, they'll be doing the warm up for the Chorley 10K & 2K Family Run ahead of the races at the start/finish line. They'll be offering help and support for runners on the day. Plus, a Sports therapist will offer free massages.
- Chorley Runners - Find information on Chorley Runners and giveaways.
- Run Fit - Find out about Run Fit Chorley, Walkie - Talkies, Marathons 4 Kidz and Chorley Couch to 5k.
- Check Out Chorley- Discover the great days out that can be had in Chorley at the Check Out Chorley stand, and have a go at their competition.
- St Catherine's Hospice - Find information on St Catherine's Hospice and the work they do.
- 64 Medical Squadron - Find out information on the 64 Medical Squadron, employment opportunities available and the fitness levels they need to maintain.
- Perk Me Up - Local independent mobile barista serving the full range of espresso based coffees, luxury hot chocolate and a selection of teas. High quality, great value delicious fresh drinks all from a custom converted coffee van.
- Martin's Whippy - Selling ice Cream and ice Lollies.
- Inspire Youth Zone - If you're interested in volunteer or mentor opportunities at Inspire Youth Zone, come down to their stand on race day and find out more about this and the work they do.
- Lancashire Police Cadets - Discover the role of a cadet and a cadet leader.
- NV Physiotherapy - Visit the NV Physiotherapy stand and ask about pre and post event sports massages.
- Lancashire Mind - Find information on Lancashire Mind.
- The Prep Chef - The prep chef provides clean, healthy & tasty pre- prepared breakfasts & meals to keep you fuelled for longer.
- DynamiqPT - Offering kinetic therapy. This is a form of deep tissue massage with tools to break down restrictions in the muscles and connective tissues, improving movement, lessening pain and increasing blood flow.
Getting to the Chorley 10K & Family Run
Click on image to enlarge parking map. Information about town centre car parks can also be found on the Chorley Council website.
Chorley is well-served by bus routes linking the town centre with surrounding villages. The main bus route is the 125/126, which links Chorley to Preston and Bolton. There are also direct bus routes from Greater Manchester, Merseyside and the Lake District.
Chorley is on the main train line between Manchester and Blackpool. If you are travelling on a long distance service you will need to change at Manchester or Preston.